Gâteaux et beignets
Salty Savory Kiri Cheesecake with Smoked Salmon and Dried Tomatoes
- Kiri® cream cheese
- 200g Kiri®, at room temperature
- 60 milliliters (1/2 cup) heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped dried tomato
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 leaves fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 70 grams (2.7 oz) savory crackers
- 60 grams (1/2 cup) melted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- Smoked salmon
- Dried tomato
- Fresh basil leaves
Prepare the crust
- Place the crackers in a food processor and crush them until the texture is crumbly. Add the melted butter, dried chives, olive oil, and mix well with a spatula until the mixture is well combined.
- Press the crushed crackers into the bottom of a springform mould (12 cm x 6 cm) covered with parchment paper and place it in the freezer for 30 minutes to cool.
Prepare the Kiri® cream
- In a large bowl, add the Kiri® cream cheese and mix using an electric eggbeater until creamy.
- In a small bowl, add the heavy cream and mix with an electric eggbeater until the texture is firm.
- Add the whipped cream to the Kiri® cream cheese and gently mix with a spatula until well combined.
- Add to the Kiri® cream cheese, the lemon zest, fresh chives, dried tomato, olive oil, chopped basil, and pepper. Mix all the ingredients together with a spatula until well combined.
- Pour the Kiri® cheese mixture over the crust and spread it evenly to obtain a flat surface.
- Place the savory Kiri® cheesecake in the freezer for 2 hours to set.
- Gently unmold the savory Kiri® cheesecake and place it on a serving plate.
- Decorate the top of the Kiri® cheesecake with smoked salmon shaped, dried tomato, and some fresh basil leaves. Serve.